Online employee training is of growing importance to healthcare companies seeking to gain an advantage among their competitors. Why? Proper employee training can have a significant impact on organizational goals:
- Efficient online employee training can be a pathway to a more productive workforce, encouraging strong, sustainable and balanced growth among an organization.
- Efficient online training increases the performance of individuals, groups and teams, leading to higher levels of employee satisfaction and retention rates.
- Efficient online training boosts financial gains by enhancing a company’s image and status.
Research on Employee Training Programs
Software Advice recently conducted research on employee training programs, which involved 2 separate surveys: one of prospective buyers and one of human resource (HR) professionals. According to their research, companies are seeking greater efficiency over their current training programs by utilizing an LMS (learning management system).
The research findings revealed:
- 80 percent of employers are considering using LMS software for the first time.
- 59 percent of those sampled still rely on antiquated manual methods, such as paper documents, in-person trainings (classroom instructor) and general-purpose software (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to administer and track employee training.
- Some employers have HR software in place, but they do not use the software for employee training. For example, one employer in the group mentioned using a human resources information system (HRIS) for general HR purposes, but still manually tracked instructor-led trainings.
- Only 20 percent of employers currently use commercial LMS software.
Current Training Methods
“Although the employers are in different stages of adopting technology for their HR and training needs, each could still benefit from having a single, unified system where content creation, training administration, tracking and reporting can happen simultaneously.” –Software Advice
Learn More → What is LMS Software?
Is LMS Software for Big Business Only?
Many employers are still using “old” employee training techniques because they believe LMS software is only efficient for large corporations. While it is true that large companies reap significant rewards from using an LMS, according to the research, smaller companies can benefit, too. 63 percent of current LMS users work for companies with 500 or less employees, with the largest percentage of respondents (20 percent) from businesses with 51 to 100 employees.
LMS Users’ Company Size by Number of Employees
Repeat LMS Buyers Seek More Functionality, New Buyers Seek Efficiency
Employers that already have an LMS, but are seeking a new platform, most often desired new software with more functionality:
- ability to upload and store training content (61 percent)
- ability to track training (45 percent)
- reporting capabilities (45 percent)
Top Reasons for Evaluating New LMS Software
Employers who are seeking to invest in LMS software for the first time desired:
- improved training efficiency (27 percent)
- improved organization (25 percent)
- improved tracking of training information (24 percent)
Top-Requested LMS Software Functionality
LMS Software Impacts Organization of Training Content and Efficiency
The research findings demonstrate that a staggering 99% of employers who currently use an LMS for online employee training believe that their LMS positively impacts training efficiency, job performance, employee retention or engagement.
“For potential buyers, this suggests that the purchase of an LMS solution has the potential to be a worthwhile investment that yields similarly positive results. Top benefits of LMS software include more organized and consistent delivery of training material, which can lead to improved job performance, better retention of data and increased employee engagement.” – Software Advice
What about your company?
Are you still relying on non-technological means or basic software to create content, administer training and track results? If you are, ask the following questions:
- How efficiently are your managers tracking employee training?
- Are your employees satisfied with the training they receive?
- Do your employees feel empowered to do their job well?
- What is your turnover rate?
- What is your cost of recruitment?
- What is the cost of your current training program?
“Quantifying the return on investment in employee training can be a difficult task, but advanced metrics from LMS platforms on course completion, information retention and effect on job performance give users better insight into how effective their training programs really are. Once companies implement effective employee training, the benefits to engagement and the bottom line will likely follow.” – Software Advice
As with any tool, LMS software must be carefully selected and implemented to yield positive results. CEU360’s LMS is uniquely designed to accommodate the training needs of healthcare organizations:
- Branded University. CEU360 design experts can quickly brand your learning management system complete with your logo, custom URL, and custom login page to ensure your employees have a seamless experience.
- Custom Content Creation. CEU360 can create new training and educational content for your organization with a matter of days (not months or even weeks) which means you don’t have to wait to provide company messaging and training materials to your employees.
- Utilization Tracking & Reporting. CEU360’s customized reports ensure you are able to track usage and compliance on your terms.
With minimal training to use and deploy, the CEU360 LMS is a simple choice that fulfills your education and training needs.
References: Westfall, B. (2015, May 8). Learning Management Systems BuyerView. Retrieved from http://www.softwareadvice.com/hr/buyerview/lms-report-2015/  O’Loughlin, E. (2015, February 17). Learning Management Systems | UserView 2015. Retrieved from http://www.softwareadvice.com/hr/userview/lms-report-2015/